- Calculator: A lot of improvements around fractions, time unit phrases, clock times, week numbers, performance
- Preview Features: A new preview feature checkbox in preferences ("Boost ranking by previous searches") enables increasing the ranking score of an item when a search term was previously used to open that item
- Root Search: We accelerated the decay of ranking scores when an app or command hasn't been opened recently
- Root Search: Additional keywords of some apps and preferences are now searchable
- Root Search: We now show results even if you slightly misspelled app or command names
- Browser Bookmarks: Frequently and recently visited bookmark items are sorted to the top
- Browser Bookmarks: Added support for the Brave browser
- Browser Bookmarks: For Chrome and Brave, you can now choose a different profile via preferences
- Window Management: Added a command to toggle fullscreen
- Window Management: Added commands to move the focused window to the edges of the screen
- Floating Notes: Double click the toolbar to re-position the floating window to the top right corner
- Root Search: Fixed finding app and command names containing diacritic marks (e.g., é, ü)
- Root Search: Fixed a regression that slowed down root search
- Calendar: Fixed an issue where Raycast would prevent your Mac to sleep
- Calendar: Fixed badly formatted tooltips for video conference data
- Jira: Fixed a case where the create issue form could not be displayed when the summary field was removed from the screen configuration in classic projects
- Jira: Issue key is now always uppercased in "Copy Branch Name" action
- Preview Features: Fixed the app not being restarted after changing certain features
- Preview Features: Fixed a bug with the "Find apps and preferences via file system" preview where apps with the same display name would not show up properly in root search
- Browser Bookmarks: Fixed a bug where favicons could not be displayed
That's it. It's our last release for 2020 😱 We wrapped up the year with a hackathon and a bug bash. The update is packed with small improvements and we couldn't resist to release some of our hacks. It's been great to rock this crazy year with all of you. We'll close the virtual Raycast HQ for a couple of days to recharge. See you all in 2021 🎆
🔖 Browser Bookmarks
We've added a new and frequently requested extension for searching your browser bookmarks. Search your bookmarks by name, domain, or tag, and open and copy links via the Action Panel. You can enable the extension in the preferences and choose your browser sources–currently we support the default profile of Chrome and Safari including reading list items. Happy browsing!
📝 Floating Notes
During the hackathon, we built a simple notes extension that stays on top of all other windows. The notes are a great way to write down your daily to-dos, prepare a tweet or jot down a thought you want to pick up later. You can enable Floating Notes in Preferences → Extensions.
💡 Pro tip: Use shortcuts to toggle the notes window for even quicker access.
- Auto-switch Keyboard Layout: Now you can enforce Raycast to always switch to English input source when opening the window. Can be useful for people who often jump between english and other languages. You can enable this feature in Preferences → Preview tab.
- Calculator: Improved copying of unformatted answers (e.g., does not copy currency symbol)
- Calculator: Added action to replace input with answer for multi-step calculations
- Linear: Added fallback search for issues
- Reminders: Improved sorting for reminders with due dates
- Reminders: Added time for due dates inline for quicker readability
- G Suite: Added action to open files in Google Chrome
- Dashboard Scripts: Added last refresh time to command palette title
- Dashboard Scripts: Added display of alias shortcuts
- Clipboard History: Added support for formatted / rich text
- Clipboard History: Added a preference to set direct paste as primary action
- File Search: Now you can drag files out of Raycast window using mouse
- File Search: Calendar events, contacts card data and contact groups are not displayed any more in the list of search results
- File Search: Improved preview display performance for certain file types
- Preferences: Added keyboard navigation (
↓) for the extension list
- Preferences: The empty "buffer" area below lists can now be scrolled
- Window management: Fixed a bug where windows with their center outside of the screen couldn't be moved or scaled
- Reminders: Fix keyboard shortcut to create reminder and close Raycast window afterwards
- Reminders: Fixed opening the date picker drop down when a number is entered
- Calendar: Fixed a bug when joining Zoom calls would fail when Zoom wasn't installed
- Preferences: Fixed a bug where preference shortcuts where broken after entering an alias
Use our new Contacts extension to look up your contact's details. Search for a contact by simply typing their name and use the Action Panel to start an email, copy information, call the person and more.
🖼 Enhanced Clipboard History
The Clipboard History now supports images, files, links and colors in addition to text. Filter by content type to search what you've copied before. New actions allow to reveal files in the Finder, open links in the browser or copy colors in different formats.
- Shortcuts: You can now assign aliases and hotkeys to apps and system preferences
- System: New commands for "Sleep" and "Sleep Displays"
- Performance: General improvements to make the app snappier
- Script Inputs: Added support for percent encoding input. Add
"percentEncoded": trueto input's metadata json and Raycast will make the argument safe for URL queries.
- GitHub: Repository search now include forks when in "My Repositories" mode
- Calendar: Select first upcoming meeting in My Schedule command
- Root Search: Results with aliases set are downranked when the alias is not matched
- Script Commands: Fixed an issue with wrong file extensions for the scaffolding command
- Dictionary: Fixed an issue with wrong preferences being displayed
- GitHub: Fixed pull request detail descriptions not being fully displayed
- Hacker News: Fixed opening links in browser for some cases
With the new Dictionary extension, you can easily get the definition of words and phrases. It supports all sources from the system Dictionary app and additionally checks spelling.
🖼 Window Management
The new Window Management extension lets you move and scale other application windows with ease. Maximize, center or layout windows with a few keystrokes. And assign global hotkeys to perform common ones even quicker.
🤖 Script Commands Improvements
- New Command:
Create Script Commandwill allow you to quickly create script files with all required metadata and permission flags.
- Optional Arguments: You can now specify if an argument is optional. See documentation on how to use
- Dark Theme Icons Support: You can now use different icons depending on which app theme is selected. Use
@raycast.iconDarkparameter to specify the icon for dark theme.
- Error Output: We improved the output when a script run fails, and scripts with silent mode now show a HUD toast on error.
- Changed shortcut for copying output of inline scripts to
Cto make it consistent with
- File Search: You can now specify multiple folders to search by using
inand a list of folders, such as:
myfile in ~/downloads ~/projects. Tip: if the folder path contains a space, put the path in quotes (
- Jira: The sorting order for custom JQL filters ("My Filters" list) is not overridden any more
- Calculator: Use system currency as default to allow quicker conversions, f.e. if you have
£as your system currency, you can type
$5and get it directly converted into pounds
- Calculator: Added a new secondary action to copy the unformatted answer
- Search: Now skips quotes and brackets when searching for words
- Navigation: Typing alias + space expands associated command now. E.g. if you assign
fsalias to File Search, typing
fs+ space will automatically go inside File Search command.
- Preferences: Pressing
Qnow when preferences window is active only closes the window and doesn't kill the app
- Clipboard History: Fixed a bug when copying a clipboard entry failed
- Script Commands: Fixed a bug where a script input field would be focused when it shouldn't
- Script Commands: Fixed a bug where icon and title of scripts with arguments wouldn't change sometimes in the search bar
- Shortcuts: Fixed scrolling for long shortcuts lists in preferences
- Calculator: Fixed using outdated rates for currency conversions
- Fixed a bug where permission windows appeared behind Raycast
- Fixed a bug when the Raycast window wouldn't appear in full screen mode if Raycast preferences window is open
🤖 Arguments for Script Commands
Script Commands are a great way to extend Raycast. We're happy to announce custom arguments for scripts — starting with text inputs. Arguments allow you to go even further with tailoring Raycast to your needs. See our documentation for how to use them.
💡Pro tip: When typing alias + space, Raycast automatically moves focus to the first input field.
🐱 GitHub Repository Search
The new Search Repository command allows to find repositories on GitHub by name or owner. Open repositories in the browser or copy information such as the name or the URL via the Action Panel.
✨ Feature Previews
We added a new tab to the preferences to try out features and changes before they become officially part of the app. We may change those features based on your feedback.
These are the first two feature previews:
- Pop To Root: Define when Raycast should pop to the root search after closing the window
- App Search: Use our custom indexing instead of Spotlight's index
- We now prevent the app from silently being terminated by macOS under certain conditions
- Improved searching for localized application and preference names
- Script errors are shown inline in refreshable items
- Fixed an issue where no toast was shown when a script command failed to refresh
- Fixed recording keyboard shortcuts with arrow and other special keys
- Fixed an issue when Raycast became unresponsive while launching applications
- Fixed an issue that would make tooltips misaligned in some cases
- Fixed an issue with refreshable scripts not hiding the progress toast on error
- Linear: Fixed an issue that would prevent from creating Linear Issue when using quotes in title
- Asana: Fixed an issue that could cause errors when using Asana integration for some legacy projects
- Clipboard History: Fixed an issue where the list wasn’t reloaded after removing all entries
⚠️ After the update, you have to re-enable the Zoom extension. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Preferences: You can now hide the Raycast icon from the menu bar via the Appearance tab
- Preferences: We’ve added a new shiny About tab
- GitHub: Perform more actions on pull requests and issues — “Add Assignee”, “Request Review”, “Add Project”, and “Set Milestone”
- App Search: In addition to their localized display name, apps can now be found via file name
- Calculator: You can now use lowercase "f" and "c" for Fahrenheit / Celsius conversion
- Calculator: Modulo now works for % sign, e.g.
- Clipboard History: Ignore content copied from password managers
Ncan be used to select the previous or the next item in a list
- Script Commands: Added more actions to refreshable items (Show in Finder, Open with...)
- Improved the speed of showing Raycast window when pressing the hotkey
- Preference commands in the root search got new icons
- Added Internet Access Policy for Little Snitch
- Jira: Fixed a case where the wrong base URL would be used for opening issue details in browser. (If you’re experiencing that issue, please re-login into Jira via extension preferences).
- GitHub: Fixed the “Copy Branch Name” action for pull requests
- Hotkey Recorder: Fixed an issue that would prevent some users from recording some key combination in international keyboard layouts
- Clipboard History: Fixed an issue where clipboard history was still recording when disabled
- Fixed an issue that could've caused a crash in the background and some weird behavior
- Fixed a regression with relative dates in the calculator
Raycast is now available for everyone
We're live! Today, we're making Raycast available for everyone. Thanks for being part of the beta!
🤓 Media: Hacker News
Although Raycast tries to help you being more productive, some procrastination now and then is unavoidable. Consuming relevant news has now become prettier with our built-in Hacker News reader: Quickly scan through the top stories of the front page or switch to the "Show HN" list. You'll see the number of comments for each story and you can easily open the links and detail pages as usual via actions and shortcuts. The command can be enabled via the new Media package in preferences.
- Calendar: Links of conference calls in the location field of an event are now properly parsed and you can join these meetings from Raycast as well.
- Root Search: Fixed an issue with numeric searches and ranking.
- Jira: Fixed a bug where token-based fields (components, fix versions) would not correctly update.
Our Zoom integration has now been approved and is available to you as new package with a number of handy commands (enable via preferences): Start Meeting lets you instantly create a new Zoom meeting, opens the app, and copies the join link for easy sharing to the clipboard. With Schedule Meeting some more options are available to you to set a start time, duration, meeting topic, and agenda. The command Upcoming Meetings presents an ordered list of your next meetings with actions for joining, copying meeting information, or even deleting meetings.
- Script Commands: Added easier reloading of added script directories with new command Reload Script Directories. Also, we've added (experimental) support for auto reloading of scripts. Just open script commands preferences and activate the new checkbox.
- Root Search: URLs entered into the main input field can now be opened directly from Raycast.
- Jira: The issue creation form supports setting epics and parents in next-gen projects.
- Github: Added remote search for repositories in Create Issue and Create Pull Request forms
- Github: Added a new action for copying a branch name of the pull request
- Clipboard History: Added a secondary action to directly paste a clipboard history entry. Hit
⏎to paste the selected entry to the frontmost application (this time for real).
- Jira: Fixed a bug where loading of some lists would never finish
- Github: Fixed a bug where images could not be displayed in pull request and issue details
- Github: Fixed a rare error when the notification does not have any “subject” information
- Linear: Fixed a bug where "Create Issue" command wouldn't work
- File Search: Fixed a bug where the share action would not work
- Shortcuts: Fixed a bug where pressing command hotkey again (e.g. Clipboard History) wouldn't work
- Navigation: Fixed mixed up
Jshortcuts for moving up/down in lists
- App Search: Fixed keyboard shortcuts to quit and force quit applications
- Calendar: Fixed an issue where opening an event in Calendar app wouldn't get highlighted
- We trimmed down "My" word in some command names. E.g. previously "My Open Issues" Jira command is now called "Open Issues".
🎹 Shortcuts for commands
Welcome a new Preference panel Shortcuts, where you can configure aliases and hotkeys for commands to make it even quicker to open them. Thanks for asking!
Aliases are prioritized in the root search. They let you find commands with a few characters regardless of whether they have been used recently or frequently. This supports you in building muscle memory and navigating faster in Raycast.
Hotkeys make it possible to open a command with a global keyboard shortcut. For example, you can set
V to open the Clipboard History from anywhere on your desktop. This way you gain some extra speed.
🐱 GitHub: Clear your notifications
Notifications keep you responsive on GitHub across your repositories, organizations and teams. We added a new Notifications command that lets you sort out quickly what needs your attention. You can filter by repository, mark notifications as read and open them in the browser.
- Root Search: Installed Chrome apps can now also be found and launched via root search.
- Root Search: Added initial command suggestions based on the onboarding selections.
- File Search: Entered search terms are now combined with a logical AND so that results can be better narrowed down.
- File Search: Added more actions to copy files and file names, show info in the finder, move files to the trash, and to share files to other macOS applications.
- Calculator: Updated to support the
**operator, e.g. both 2**3 and 2^3 now show 8 as result.
- Changelog: Added a new command to see updates of the previous versions in the app.
- GitHub: Added tooltips to dropdowns with branches in Create Pull Request.
- GitHub: We’re loading more labels now, you should be fine if the repo has got less than 100.
- Calendar: Fixed a bug where start/end times in the My Schedule command showed up in 24-Hour time format. We now respect the time format of your Mac's Language & Region preferences.
- Jira: Fixed a bug where no project would be selected by default when creating issues.
- Jira: Fixed an issue where the create-issue form would not be rendered due to missing project permissions.
- GitHub: Fixed a rare problem with bad credentials.
- GitHub: Fixed order of Workflow Runs, to match the one from the website.