Be the voice of our community and bring Raycast to developers around the world.
Raycast makes it simple, fast and delightful to control your tools. We're looking for a Developer Advocate to join our small team to grow, inspire and empower our community of developers to create the ecosystem of productivity tools with us.
Raycast is a native Mac application with a significant focus on top-notch UI and interactions. We genuinely care about user experience, performance, privacy and ease of use. We had enough of dealing with slow and clunky tools. Raycast is our attempt to let you enjoy your daily workflows without all the distractions.
From the beginning of Raycast, we were keen to provide an API to developers that enables them to build extensions. Paired with a strong developer community, we believe in growing an ecosystem of productivity tools for individuals and teams. Our API is pre-release and it will be a step-change for Raycast to reach developers around the world. At the center of this is our community and we need someone to lead, expand and nurture it.
We're a fully remote company and looking for candidates in the UTC timezone (London, Lisbon, Dakar, ...) ± 3 hours. This position is for a full-time employment.
In this role you will...
- Be the voice of our community. Own all communication channels with our beloved members. Capture feedback and insights from them and feed it back into our development cycles. Build loyal community champions that amplify your actions.
- Become the lead maintainer of our public GitHub repository for Script Commands. Manage open issues and review pull requests from the community. Lead by example and contribute top-notch samples to set the quality bar.
- Create and execute the rollout of our API. Including key partnerships, high quality documentation and ongoing community efforts. Get our API into the hands of the first developers. Source, educate and help them to build their extensions.
- Grow our community. Inspire developers with demos, blog posts, tutorials and other content. Write and share our changelog entries via Twitter, Slack and email to close the feedback loop with our users.
- Find new ways to engage with our community. Create a sense of belonging with hackathons, AMAs or whatever else you can think of. We want to be close with our users and build Raycast together with them.
You will be a great fit if...
- You've built global communities before. You have a toolkit to repeat this again for us. You're fluent in English and a strong external communicator to connect with our users around the world.
- You have a strong understanding of technical communities. You have empathy for developers' challenges and ideally you have experience writing code.
- You're ready to own a program end-to-end. You are interested in the marketing and business opportunities that our API will bring and can build a team around it.
- You're a productivity nerd. You keep improving your workflows to be more efficient and influence others around you to become more productive as well.
How to apply?
Now that you know about us, we would like to learn more about you. Send us an engaging message at firstname.lastname@example.org with information you think is relevant. Tell us why you want to join us, what excites you about the problem we're solving and how you envision your role at Raycast. Read about our application process.